The ISO 20121 self-paced training course is split into four modules. They are designed to be taken one after another. The course includes videos, reading materials, and exercises.
- What is a management system?
- Who can implement it?
- What are the steps?
- Organisational context
- Stakeholder identification, needs and expectations
- Scope of the event sustainability management system
- Establishing the system
- Sustainable development principles, statement of purpose and values
- Top management leadership and commitment
- Sustainability Policy
- Delegation of roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Resources required and to be provided
- Competence of event management staff to implement ISO 20121, and to identify and manage issues and impacts
- Awareness of policy and communication of requirements.
- Issues identification
- Planning for issues management
- Establishing event sustainability objectives and how to achieve them
- Operational planning and control
- Dealing with modifications to plans, impacts and the system
- Supply chain management
- Performance against governing principles of sustainable development
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit requirements
- Management review
- Identifying nonconformities and taking corrective action
- Embedding continual improvement
- Documentation requirements for the standard